Coastal Property for Sale in Encinitas, California
West of I-5
For Multi-unit Development (up to 4 units), Lot Split, Investment, or Major Remodel
Neighborhood Homes Range From $1.1M - $2.5M
2061 Mackinnon Ave., Cardiff by the Sea, CA 92007
This property resides west of I-5 in
Cardiff by the Sea, a beach community located in Encinitas,
California. This area is highly rated for its
beaches and surfing and lies 24 miles north of downtown San Diego.
A modest ride east brings one to the mountain community of
Anza-Borrego Desert State Park.
And there is winter skiing about 3 hours to the north in the
San Bernardino and San Gabriel Mountains.
This unique property consists of an approximately 1700ft2
home built in 1956 on a large 15985ft2 lot consisting of two
parcels. It sits on the ridge of an ocean facing hill at an elevation of
approximately 230', is about a 7/10 mi walk to the beach, and receives sunshine
nearly the full day. . With a lot frontage of 155' it may be subdivided into
3 lots containing up to 4 units in total. A survey was performed and
registered with the County of San Diego in 2016 (Survey map appended after
- A level lot with a 15"-22" north-south step along the property in the
- An approximate 45 degree downward slope behind the property
(east side); beyond which resides an apartment complex. That complex lays
well below the level of the property (approximately 60'-80' vertical
differential) so no adjacent structures are visible looking horizontal to
the rear. The result is complete privacy from the rear.
- The view to the east consists of trees rising from the adjacent property and the neighborhood on the east side of I-5.
- A panoramic view from a roof deck above any 2nd story including an ocean view.
- Swimming pool.
- The house is in poor condition having not been properly maintained for some time.
- A major remodel to create the dream home of your design on a large lot.
- Demolition and subdivision into 2 or 3 lots for resale or keep one
lot for your own custom home. Leverage the sale of the other lot(s) to
decrease the cost of your dream home.
- Subdivision into two or three lots and construction of up to four
units (if four units, then one must be a duplex).
- Development of a four unit condominium.
- Minimum investment to make it rentable for an income stream.
A couple of development options are depicted below: left - a potential lot split
for two homes and a duplex; right - a configuration for a four unit condominium:
Aerial video downloads of house and neighborhood:
- view of house from the east, than eastward view
- close in view of house from the east, then westward view
- 360 degree pan
- northern view
- westward view from about roof level
- westward, then eastward view
- eastward view of lot
- lower eastward, then westward view
- low house view from south, then east
- souteastward view
- westward view of lot
- high westward view, then 360 pan
- southward view, than southwest view
- southward view, than northwest view
- 360 pan, from several blocks west of lot
- eastward facing lot view, then downward shot
- downward shot
Record of Survey Map NO. 22271: